Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Becoming Vegan

Life Update:

I have talked about my eating habits and how I've been more conscious of what I eat by doing the Whole30 challenge. (Eating only whole foods for 30 days... no dairy, processed foods, beans, rice... basically just fruits, vegetables, eggs, and meat.)

On the whole30 I ate a lot more meat and eggs than I ever have. My first two weeks of being on Whole 30 I was miserable because I wasn't getting enough carbs. I could barely run 1/2 mile without feeling weak and like I was going to pass out. I had to suck it up and eat eggs and meat. I got use to it, but didn't really enjoy it.

(Some people feel and do great on Whole30 or other eating styles like that. I wasn't happy and didn't feel great, so I wanted a change for me.)

I decided to try a vegan diet when I realized that I was use to not eating the animal products I actually liked (cheese and chocolate). All I had to do was eliminate meat and eggs. I was able to add grain, quinoa, oats, pasta, beans... I am so much happier eating this way and even happier that no animals are harmed in the making of my food.

I have been learning a lot these past almost three weeks and Im excited to continue learning. I went to Pizzarev and had vegan pizza with vegan cheese. The cheese tasted so real it kind of freaked me out. I went again and got it without cheese and liked it even better... Yes, I think pizza is better without cheese. Haha. They are really great at Pizzarev and respectful towards vegans/vegetarians and also have gluten free options. I've learned that there is a vegan option for everything you can think of, which is amazing. I will be sticking with mostly natural foods until I build up courage to try more vegan processed mock stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment