Monday, April 14, 2014

My First 5k Race of 2014


This weekend I participated in my first 5k race of the year. It was the Victory for Victims walk/run. Proceeds went to the Northridge Hospitals Center for Assault Treatment Services. I ran the 5k last year too.

Before the race there is a warmup lead by a few of the laker girls.
There were so many booths of sponsors set up with freebies and information. I got a ton a free food as well.


I ran almost the whole time. In a few of the spots it gets narrow so you have to walk, but I was there just to enjoy the run and have a good time. It wasn't my fastest 5k ever, but it was my fastest in 2014. I think my time was 34:48.

This is one of my favorite races and will continue to sign up every year. It helps such an amazing cause and it gets the community together.

It's so inspiring to see so many people come out for a cause and show there support by doing something active. I can't wait to run more races this year. I am looking for a fun 1/2 marathon to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment