Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine's Day Movie Night





Jon and I love movie nights in. Most of the time we pick random movies off of Netflix. There are a ton of romantic movies on Netflix for Valentine's Day! I also saw a bunch at Target for $5 each!
We usually order takeout and have an in door "picnic" with a movie.

I decided to make it a little more fun and movie like with popcorn in cute little buckets I got from Target for $1 each. I made yummy chocolate covered strawberries and had fun decorating it with different Valentine sprinkles. For our drinks I wanted something pink so I got sparkling apple cranberry cider with cute straws from (where else?) Target!

We were watching the Olympics, but after I made him watch Safe Haven with me. I think it is the only Nicolas Sparks movie on Netflix. I don't think you can go wrong with one of those for Valentine's Day movie night! Also Julianne Hough is my husbands celebrity crush, so I don't think he minded watching.


Some other movies that are great for Valentine's Day on Netflix are Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere (I also love Pretty Woman but it's not on Netflix), I Hate Valentine's Day, A Little Bit of Heaven.

What is your favorite romanic comedy?





Blog love today goes to Kelly from Petite Ramblings. She is super awesome. I love her blog. It is really entertaining. She is really funny as well! Definitely go check her out!

Weekend Bloggy Reading

15 comments:

  1. We love stay at home date nights. So nice to just be able to enjoy each other and RELAX. Chocolate covered strawberries... mmmmmm!!! I love How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Nice. Those strawberries look amazing... date nights are fun at home!

    Never been kissed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love Never Been Kissed. I'm going to have to have a girl movie night because my husband isn't going to want to watch all these chick flicks.

      Delete
  3. I love this! The popcorn in the bucket idea is so cute & so brilliant! I love a lot of rom-coms. It's so hard to choose my favorite. But Sweet Home Alabama & How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days are at the top. Then if I want to get more emotional, anything by Nicholas Sparks is my go-to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are so many movies I forgot about that are so good. I have so many movies to watch!

      Delete
  4. wow i'm surprised netflix doesnt have any more movies by him. they have a new one coming out soon. The best of me.

    it would be hard to choose a movie now a days. i've been stuck on a series that i'm only on season 1. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out the best of me!

      Delete
  5. So cute! I love Target! It's so nice your husband will watch romantic movies with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that little spread you created is so adorable! Those chocolate covered strawberries look pretty professional, too! Safe Haven is definitely a great movie, and much more intense than most "chick flicks!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh!!! so cute and looks super yum :D x
    I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I love the buckets especially - Target is the best.

    ReplyDelete