Friday, February 28, 2014

Upcoming races in LA Area

I love races that have a cause or a meaning behind them. There are two races that I have done before and am doing again this year!



Victory for Victims 5k Run/Walk and 10k Run Sun. April 13, 2014
It's in Encino at Lake Balboa Park. Running by the little lake there was really fun. 
This helps the Northridge Hospital's Center for Assault Treatment Services. 
"Northridge Hospital Medical Center’s CATS program is the only 24 hour, 7 day-a-week program for victims of domestic and sexual assault and child victims of sexual abuse of all ages in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys of Los Angeles County, California." 
I think that this an amazing cause. To be able to help someone in anyway just by running a race is great. Last year there were so many companies giving out food and drinks. Read More.


EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Woman Sat. May 10, 2014
This race helps the Entertainment Industry Foundation Revlon's fight agains woman's cancers. (men are welcome). It is located at the LA Memorial Coliseum. I love it over there. For this race there is a ton of traffic and a lot of people, but so fun and for an amazing cause. I walked this race in 2012 with my husband and brother. This was the first race I did and I got a medal, saw Mario Lopez and Halle Berry, and learned a lot. There are booths set up that teach you about cancer and how to check for it. There are a lot of survivors and people walking/running in memory of others. You can feel the passion and love in the crowd. Read More.



Disney's Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Nov. 16, 2014
I am so excited for a new half at Disneyland. I have ran both of the others in CA. I think once is enough for now, but I am so ready for a new one. I think this theme is "super" fun... get it?
Anyways... I actually like super heroes and am okay with them being at Disney. I dressed up for the Tinkerbell 1/2, but didn't for the Disneyland. I think Im going to have to have a costume for this one. It's going to sell out quick like all other Disney races. Disney honestly puts on the best races… and they are super expensive, but worth it to me. Registration opens March 25th Ah! Read More.

There are so many other races happening in the Los Angeles and surrounding areas. I would love to do another half and maybe the color run as well... I know that the color run is in June in LA and there are some others close by. I have to look more into it.

I will post when I sign up and have a team for the two 5ks. I would love for others to join in on these!

Have you ever ran a 5k/10k/half marathon....? Would you?

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had your motivation! One-day! I always think that the color run would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The color run would be so fun! I think it would be way more difficult to have motivation to run if I had kids. lol

      Delete
  2. Hi Gina! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I have run many races! I love to run. I think it would be fun to run a Disney race.
    I'm following via GFC, I'd love if you wanted to follow too!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Disney races are my favorite! Running is awesome! Thank you for following!

      Delete