Monday, February 10, 2014

Love Story: Disneyland Proposal


Every Monday in February I am writing a little bit about our love story! Last week I wrote about how we met. Click here if you would like to read it!

Jon and I had been together two year when he proposed to me.

We had gone to Disneyland many times and the year before we went on Valentine's Day! (I don't recommend going on that day was the most crowded I have ever seen it and Im pretty sure I saw like five proposals within an hour.)

So, Im glad he decided to pop the question a few weeks before on February 1st. There was seriously no one in the park. The longest line we waited in was like 5 minutes. We got our own boat on Pirates and a few other rides.

He was acting kind of weird in the middle of the day. He wanted to walk by the castle so we did... then we walked past it again and again... Then we walked to the bridge that's on the right side of the castle and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was in shock and so happy. I loved that it was at a special place, but intimate.

When we were getting ready to leave that spot, a lady with a stroller was running towards us. She said, "Oh my gosh, I saw the whole thing. Congrats. Do you want me to take your picture?" I thought that was kind of funny and really cute of her. We both didn't have cameras/camera phone so we were walking over to the castle where a Disney photographer is and got our picture taken.

It was such an amazing day.

Pictures from our engagement party.

Blog love today goes to Ashley from Afternoons with you. She writes about her life, husband, dog, and more... One of my favorite posts from her is When I Don't Believe in Myself. Its so sweet!


12 comments:

  1. Awh! That's like so perfect I love disneyland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's soo cute!!! Awwww!! :) Love this!!
    Did you know something was up? Or did he completely take you by surprise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew he was acting weird, but I didn't know why. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. u could post this on my link up for love stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww... so cute!!! :D And I love me some Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. getting engaged at disneyland? I'm not sure that there is anything more magical than that!

    thank you so much for the love:))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that's so cute! I always think it's so funny how men get nervous to ask. You'd figure they'd know they won't get turned down. So sweet and so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww such a good proposal!! One of my cousin's got proposed to in Disneyland too! (Talk about raising the bar for the next family proposal hey? ;) ) Such a thoughtful & amazing place to get engaged!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah I love it! I'm super jealous. My husband was supposed to propose on our 5th anniversary at Disneyland, but he wound up having to travel for work and then we never managed to make the trip. I kind of wish he had never told me the original plan!!!

    ReplyDelete