Monday, February 24, 2014

Blog Tips: Staying True to You!



Here are some tips that I learned from my first blog conference about fining your voice and being true to yourself.

Finding Your Voice:

  • Don’t let your voice be clouded by the voices of others.
  • There are so many identities put on us by others and their opinion affects us (What would he/she think or want me to say).
  • Embrace yourself and your uniqueness
Stay True to Yourself:
  • When you write you open, as your true self, people connect to you more.
  • It is also very empowering and represents who you are.
  • Keep your integrity (Is this who I am?).
  • Don’t be afraid of saying no.
Finding Your Niche:
  • What are you passionate about? Afraid of picking a niche because you like many things?
  • Once you pick a niche, fulfill cravings for other topics as a guest blogger. 
A few more tips for a new blogger:
  • You want your followers to grow naturally and organically.
  • People are so caught up with numbers. Instead, look for a connection.
I loved this part of the conference! I am learning to find my niche and voice within blogging! It is really fun to be able to write about different things and learn what fits you best!

Other Tips:

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have a niche. I couldn't pick one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pick a niche either. I wanted to do everything, but i think I might have a broad idea which is fun! I love lifestyle blogs and thats why I love yours and made mine that way!

      Delete
  2. I've had to learn about staying true to myself over time - it's so rewarding though! As for picking a niche, I'm still lost and might be lost forever, but I think I'm just going to have to be okay with that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lifestyle blogs are fun and open. I love them. It's hard to pick one! It's fun getting to know a person through their blogs. Your blog is awesome!

      Delete