Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My 2014 Bucket List



Instead of a New Year's Resolutions post, I decided it would be fun to share a few thing I want to learn, try, or do this year....

1. Learn to knit!  I think I would enjoy it and I love knitted scarfs. It would be fun to make my own and  some for others

2. Read at least 12 books. In 2013 I think I read 4 or 5 books. I don't know how some people read 80 books in one year. I think 12 is doable for me. 

3. Do the Color Run! This race seems so fun. I want to get others to do it with me!

4. Go Camping. I haven't been camping in so long. I use to go quite a bit when I was a kid and honestly... I just want to go to see my husband's reaction to camping... he's such a city guy. 

5. Go to a drive in theater. I haven't done this in forever as well. I'm not even sure where one is...

6. If my hair is long enough donate it! I have done this before, maybe a year and a half ago. My hair is getting long and once it starts to annoy me I will chop it off. I think its amazing what organizations do for people going through a hard time. Knowing I can make someone a little bit happier just by giving my pony tail is awesome. 

7. Take a cooking class.  I am no chef and it will be entertaining for myself to see me try. 

8. Volunteer at a marathon race. As a fairly new runner, I look up to other runners. I would love to run a marathon one day... maybe. But for now volunteering and showing my support for other runners will be fun!

9. Decorate my apartment. Our apartment is not really decorated or organized. I know it will be slow, but hopefully this year we will make it our own!

10. Go on a cruise! I know many people hate cruises or even the thought of a cruise, but think it would be fun and something different. It would probably be a short couple days so even if we hated it, it wouldn't be that bad. Haha.

What are some things you are looking forward to trying or doing this year?

Happy New Year! Thanks so much for reading!

10 comments:

  1. I love the list! The Color Run is a blast; I did the Sacramento one in 2012 and had a great time. As for drive-ins, the only one I know of in SoCal is in Riverside - a bit of a trip, but if it's still open, it's totally worth it. And I'm a huge fan of cruising, especially out of Long Beach! (We actually did the 4 day Baja Mexico as part of our honeymoon!) Looking forward to seeing you cross things off the list. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool. Thanks I will need to check out the Riverside one! I was looking at the 4 day Baja cruises. Sounds fun! Thanks for commenting! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I would looooooove to go to a drive in theatre! I've always thought that would be so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color run looks like it'd be so much fun! I plan on reading more this year too, 12 books sounds reasonable. Good luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Knitting is so relaxing! I learned about 5-6 years ago and love it! It's super easy to learn and there are tons of videos online to show you the different stitches! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been watching videos on knitting. I can't wait to get started! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I like that you made a to-do list! And they're all fun things. Here's to accomplishing all of them in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete