Monday, January 20, 2014

Quinoa Black Bean and Corn Dip/ Burritos



Today was the first time I cooked quinoa. I have had it a few times, but never cooked it. I know there are many health benefits to quinoa, like it is the only plant food that contains all essential amino acids, vitamins, and is gluten free, so I wanted to give it a try.

Today I made a Quinoa Salad. It's pretty much Quinoa with salsa mixed into it.





Ingredients:
2 Cups Quinoa
2 Tomatos
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 of a large onion
1/2 of a green pepper
1 jalapeƱo
1 bunch of cilantro
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (rinsed)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Table spoon ground cumin
Salt to taste
3 limes

Directions:
Rinse off and cook quinoa. (2 cups quinoa/ 3 cups water)
Dice up all Veggies, Drain corn, Drain and rinse black beans and put in a big bowl.
After quinoa is cooked mix into bowl with the other ingredients.
Put in olive oil, cumin, salt, and lime to taste.
Mix all together well.

This is a huge portion. I made it for Jon and I, and my family. 6 people and there are still left overs.

We ate it with tortilla chips and I made burritos with steak and chicken I also added sour cream and salsa.

You can put in any ingredient you like! I actually think one more tomato would have made it better and I don't even really like tomatoes. (I got this recipe from the Shaytards on Youtube a long time ago and have no idea what video it was.)


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! Looks like a yummy new recipe! I found your blog through weekend shenanigans and I went to your main blog! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove quinoa! We make it as a taco filling a lot. I made some sushi using it yesterday rather than rice... delicious!

    ReplyDelete