Friday, December 27, 2013

Running Check-in Goal Reached!

During one of my runs this week.

I haven't been running as much as I would like because I have been busy, but I was really excited about a goal I reached! I ran 2 miles without stopping! I always do a run/walk and have only ran a mile and a half nonstop (and the last time I did that was in September).

That makes me grateful for the time I took to rest after my last half marathon. I am not naturally an athletic person, so halfs are hard, but Im getting better! I want to be able to run a 5k nonstop! I can't wait until I can do that! I love to challenge myself and the way running not only challenges my body, but also my mind.

A lot of the time when Im running and want to push past a distance point, my mind will tell me it's ok to stop or I've never ran this far it's too much. I have ignore that and feel my body, my breathing, my legs, if Im ok I keep going. I took a lot of time to figure out the difference between my mind and my body. It's really weird, I totally play mind games with myself. Haha. And I know it will continue to happen as long as I keep challenging myself.

I don't know about my goal of 31 miles in 31 days. I was running in the middle of the day, but recently California decided it was summer. Right now it is 85 degrees. It feels like 90 something when I ran yesterday. I was dying. Well this month I have 17 miles down. That is more than the last three months, so I should still be happy. Tonight I am going for a 5 miler, so I might count my walking towards the 31 miles to kind of accomplish it. Haha

What is your your way of pushing past a fitness point or mental block?





No comments:

Post a Comment