Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's in a Name

How I got my name Gina Louise

For a long time my mom told me she just liked the name Gina.
Once I was older and she talked a bit more about it she told me the lady on Gillian's Island that played Ginger's real name was Tina Louise and she always thought she was gorgeous.



I didn't learn until I was  maybe a senior in High School that both of my parents were married before, when they were young. My dad's first wife's name was Tina, so Im pretty sure thats why I'm a Gina and not a Tina lol.
Also my great grandmother's name was Louise. I would like to think that is where my middle name comes from and so did she.
Another thing that I use to be embarrassed about was my mom would call me "Weezie." When I was around 5 or 6 I told her if she wants to call me that I get to give her a nickname too. I loved the Spice Girls and decided Emma was a great name for her... like M-ah for Mom... lol...

Link Up:

6 comments:

  1. Cute story, I love the middle name Louise!! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for having the link up. It was fun reading everyones stories about their names.

      Delete
  2. Ha your mom might have bopped your dad on the head had he really wanted to name you Tina. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen Gina spelled the way yours is. I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete