Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcakes




These cupcakes were kind of an experiment. I got a recipe off of Pinterest (which by the way was my most repined ever lol), but I accidentally got pumpkin pix filling instead of pure pumpkin, so I couldn't really follow that. The can of pumpkin mix had a muffin recipe that I used as a guideline, but didn't have the exact ingredients either. I didn't know how they would turn out. I think I did a pretty good job though.





Pumpkin Cupcake Ingredients: 

  • 1 can pumpkin mix (30oz)
  • 4 cups pancake mix/ all purpose baking mix
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 large eggs


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400° F
  • line muffin cups
  • combine pancake mix, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl
  • combine pumpkin mix and eggs in another bowl
  • mix wet and dry ingredients together
  • fill muffin cups 3/4 way up
  • Bake for 10-15 min (On the box it said 14-16. It only took mine 10min)
  • Makes 24 muffins/cupcakes









Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 3 cups confectioners sugar (sifted)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions:
  • beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer 
  • add sugar 1 cup at a time
  • add vanilla extract and cinnamon





An easy way to frost the cupcakes is to stick a sandwich bag in a cup. Then fold the top of the bag over the cup. Fill the bag with frosting. Then cut a little hole in the corner of the bag. So easy!


Decorating the cupcakes is my favorite part. I didn't want to make them too cutesy because I my husband is taking them to work. Military guys can't have cute cupcakes. haha. I decorated a four of them a little different and decided I liked the candy corn the best.  


The only thing was that the cupcake stuck to the wrapper, but I was looking online and a lot of people said thats suppose to happen (its better than getting stuck on the pan). If I make these again I think I would just spray or butter the pan really well and not use the liners.

What do you do when this happens?

The cupcakes came out really well for not knowing what I was doing! 

Link up:
Watch Out Martha



2 comments: