Wednesday, September 18, 2013

5 Ways to Stay Motivated to Workout/ Run

I love to run and workout, but I have been in rut and not wanting to. I was thinking of things that have inspired me to start running last year and what keeps me motivated.



5 ways to stay motivated to workout or run

1. Write down your workout schedule and goals.
     Having something to look forward to and check off helps show your progress and helps you to continue.

2. Follow fitness blogs, make a fitness inspiration board on Pinterest, look up inspiring stores and quotes.
     One of my favorite fitness blogs: runeatrepeat.com
     My Pinterest Fitness Board.
     An inspiring article about running: so what you're a slow runner

3. Workout with someone.
     Its easier to get going when someone is counting on you to workout with them. It can also become fun and maybe a little bit of a friendly competition that con motivate you to work harder. As well as a person to motivate and believe in you.

4. Believe in yourself.
     If you believe you can do it, you can. It will be tough, but if you push through and work hard you can achieve your goals!

5. Cute workout clothes and good music!
     If nothing else getting to wear your new cute yoga pants and listen to your favorite tunes will make you feel good and give you the push you need. 

What helps keep you motivated? I hope this helps you, like it helps me to stay motivated and on track!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. The second one always makes me more motivated, even though sometimes I spend hours and hours READING about fitness stuff instead of actually DOING fitness stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I get side tracked and spend hours looking at fitness stuff too, but it always motivates me to continue. Thanks!

      Delete